track times

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
1Bad4558 said:
It will lite the tires up at 1/8 throttle easy. I'm hoping I'll be faster than a 13.9.

You have more work done to the heads so I don't doubt you will.

Mine had terrible traction out of the hole. I would have to leave the line at part throttle and then hit it further out so that I wouldn't spin. I could never get anything better than a 2.2-2.3 second 60' on street tires.

1Bad4558

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
Mine seems to do half way decent on the street when I have my slicks on. You can get in it half way once you heat those slicks up good. Can't wait to get it tho the track tho

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Make sure you pinion angle is good and of you can set your instant center.

Gbodys hook if you set the suspension right. B

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
GhettoRacingKid said:

Yeah, I'm with GRK on this. My motor makes about 475 real-world horsepower, but my quarter times were lousy because it would just spin through first and sometimes a bit in second. My 60 foot times were in the 2.0 neighborhood and my ETs were around 12.5

Making power is only one component to a good drag car. The factory control arm angles need to be adjusted (I used anti-hop brackets) the lower control arms are under compression and they can deflect - so that is a fix (the uppers are under tension so they're good to go stock). When the car hooks up, then parts start to break, ask me how I know :(

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
a5ymarys.jpg

Yup. Breaking stuff sucks. This was my own fault. I didnt have enough clearence. Shook the car down. Bent my upper control arm.

I suggest to everyone. Get adjustable upper and lower control arms. Then you can set your pinion angle and instant center.

Our cars work, just need to set the suspension.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
LS1GN said:
GhettoRacingKid said:

Yeah, I'm with GRK on this. My motor makes about 475 real-world horsepower, but my quarter times were lousy because it would just spin through first and sometimes a bit in second. My 60 foot times were in the 2.0 neighborhood and my ETs were around 12.5

Making power is only one component to a good drag car. The factory control arm angles need to be adjusted (I used anti-hop brackets) the lower control arms are under compression and they can deflect - so that is a fix (the uppers are under tension so they're good to go stock). When the car hooks up, then parts start to break, ask me how I know :(

With 475 HP you should be in the low 11's, what is your Mph. I never had any problems with the stock suspension hooking - wondering if it's track prep.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
I've only owned two G bodies but I have owned/raced cars with four link type suspensions for 9 years now. I do not think G body rear suspensions are set up for optimal drag racing in stock form.

With my current rear suspension setup (and pretty bald drag radials) I was spinning at the bottom of second gear yesterday at 50 mph.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
thrasher said:
lilbowtie said:
With 475 HP you should be in the low 11's, what is your Mph. I never had any problems with the stock suspension hooking - wondering if it's track prep.

Some calculators that work pretty well for stuff like this:

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/tech/index.html

http://www.richmondgear.com/112901.html

http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm

473 peak hp on an engine dyno. Of course, once its bolted it in the car, run accessories, and run it through a transmission and rear there are losses. I was trying to respond to the OP and suggest that a fast car is more than just a power number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor