Trans install and car won’t move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supremeone

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Did you check the fluid on the dipstick for over-full?
Yes. Once I got to 8-9 quarts I was constantly checking it while it was idling.

I crawled under the car today. I looked over everything. Front of the pan is covered in fluid. Front seal, dipstick tube, kick down cable are all clean and dry. I’m thinking it’s leaking from the front of the pan gasket.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Hopefully you seated the converter all the way. If not, it didn't connect to the front pump.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I assume the new th350 came complete with pan installed so if the gasket is leaking I'd be contacting the place you bought it from. I hope they are local so they can fix the gasket and refill the transmission

Reactions: 1 users

Supremeone

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Bought it off Kijiji. Guy had the receipt for the rebuild he said he had done. He said it was sitting for about a year so I replaced all the seals on it including the cork pan gasket.

I looked and ran my fingers around the cooler lines, dip stick tube, lockdown cable and as far as I could get my hand around the converter and pump seal. Hands were still dry so no fluid coming from there.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Well, if it's dry all over, including the front behind the converter, it narrows it down to the pan gasket, or the tailshaft seal.

he said everything above the pan is dry so it looks like it is just the pan gasket....maybe the bolts are a bit loose or too tight and he has pinched the gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor