transmission lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohioelcamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
hello everybody

ok so im ready to buy transmission lines for my 86 el and i have a 400 trans and i want the look of the original lines. so my question is i have been looking and all i find are lines for the th350, what is the difference in the th350 and th400. i dont think it would be a length issue but im not sure

thanks all

fil

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
you won't find ones for a 400 as the g-bodys never came with one.
research what fittings the 400 uses, buy some steel line and bend it yourself. (quite possible it'll be the same fittings as the 350 and you can just use those lines)

ohioelcamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
yes i relize the 400 didnt come in a gbody. the reason for lookin is you never know what a company might make being that everybody has there own engine and transmission combos. and i want prebent so i can retain the factory look. i just dont know if the lines need bent or trimmed at the transmission end. dont mind making some mods at the transmission end. im just trying to see what others have done

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
When I put the TH400 in my 442, I re-used my 200-4R lines, and cut the ends off near the trans.
I modified them to work with the 400, flared the ends and spliced them together with rubber hose.

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Try inlinetube.com, if they don't have them, they will most likely make them for you.

LIMITED 84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 16, 2009
did u brake your og's..i wouldnt splice transmission lines with rubber (they always seem to leak) unless u got bubble flare tube...i use compression fitttings...or u could use the 350 lines and just buy a conversion fitting avail at any hardware store in plumbing supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor