Transmission questions Turbo 350 C Torque Converter Swap ?'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBCMALIBUMAN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2008
Colorado
Hello everyone, I have a few questions. I was wondering whether a Turbo 350 C would work with a regular converter? My second question is will the distributor from my V :D 6 work in my 350? Or if not will the coil work for my HEI. One last question the crossmember, would my V6 crossmember work if I dumped the exhaust out in front of the wheel wells? If anybody knows any tips or tricks from going from a V6 to a V8 you information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks AJ

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
the 350c should be fine with a regular converter. you may have to remove the solenoid though.
the v6 dist will work with the 350 if you cut 2 cylinders out of it. :p but seriously you do need a v8 distributor and module, the coil can be the sameif it's an external. i'd just spend the $90 and get a new HEI w/coil-in-cap from summit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor