Tried to steal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
So it's 3 am.... midst hurricane... I'm in a severely white neighborhood and all of a sudden I hear my car start up and I run outside thinking it must be my buddy john being a dumbass... open and the door and it's some ****ing mexican and I was like what the **** is your problem get the **** out of my car and he jumped out and ****ing sprinted away yelling sorry before I had time to beat the sh*t out him... I'm assuming he couldn't figure out the ratchet shifter but I felt sorry for my carburetor because he just turned it on and started reving it without letting it warm up... kinda worried it's gonna run like sh*t tomorrow but *shrug*... he left, what I'm assuming was his shirt to break my windshield quietly in the car so I'm going to drop that off at the cops and see if they can't hunt down that piece of sh*t... Just saying you guys were right... Your gbody will get stolen even if you live the last place you would expect it to happen.

deathproof

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2009
saint louis
dumbass broke the window?! that sucks.
some one tried to steel my old el camino a few years ago. they popped the lock with a screwdriver and smashed the column but couldnt get it started. battery was dead. no transmission fluid either, it wouldn't have gone far.

All Motor Boys

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2011
Indianapolis,IN
you should invest in column lock there about a 100 but a good anti theft device out in Indiana car get stole all the time. I have a rachette shifter too most ppl cant figure out how to use them

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Robbing a car in a hurricane?!?!? That takes the cake. My guess is he had you scoped out and this was the best opportunity. Good thing you chased him off, but what balls, eh?

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
My Cutlass was stolen back in 1986 while in class.. came out and it was gone.. recovered in West Philly?!?!? Then had it fixed and it was stolen 2 months later while parked at my friends house.. found in Camden , NJ... Trying telling your mom this story (2x)... Now all my muscle cars have a fuel cut off , battery cut off and Lo-jack... (If I catch them, me and my good friends Smith and Wesson.. will just drag them into the garage and use the vice on their hands, and the bolt cutters are great for the fingers..ballpeen hammers are great for breaking and chipping teeth in half... The soldering iron is great for branding "Thief" on their cheek.. Durring the hurricane, nobody can really hear the screaming..I just turn up the Avenged Sevenfold on the cd player... . of course my actions are totally hypothetically speaking. I have learned to be a more reasonable person.. maybe.. ) :twisted:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I agree that he must have had your car cased out. A column lock is a good thing to invest in. I used mine everyday when I lived in the NYC metro area. It's certainly a deterrent. I think most thieves who would see that would back off. An ignition cut-off switch would also be a positive addition. a battery cut-off switch is another inexpensive deterrent. The trick is to make it as difficult for a thief as possible.
If he has a tow truck...oh well!

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
whoa close call. A guy got his place robbed near me last week so I'm taking extra precautions with the cutlass right now, I find one good thing besides all the safety is to be out working on the car a lot and neighbors that are outside during the day. Which isnt happening much right now in this houston sauna.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
yeah people are so ****ed up... he didn't break the window because the doors were unlocked... he also managed not to steal my ipod.. personally I think someone dared him to do because he was only like 16 maybe but yeah I'm still trying to figure out if maybe they noticed that I pretty much park in the same spot every Friday night and don't move my car for a day or more. Yesterday I had no faith in humanity... today I don't even know whats below that. I doubt I'll be getting a columb lock soon but a nicely hidden fuel cutoff is otw

So good luck to all of you with these god damn looters..... when it's mildly breezy outside -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor