Trim packages

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
I have seen some 1985 Cutlass' with side trim down the door, part way on the fender and part way on the quarter panel. Many without. I am curious was there a "package" back then with the molding and what or what not would signify if a Cutty had it. Do to some strategic waves that can be seen in certain light. I am thinking mine had it but was yanked off prior to my ownership lol. Can I tell by VIN what mine had originally?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Don't know this "Cutty" thing you speak of.

However, if I'm guessing correctly as to what you're asking, the Cutlass had body side molding available as an option, RPO B84. Colored vinyl with chrome mylar coated beading surrounding it. It would be listed on the SPID sticker in the trunk, and also on the window sticker since it was a paid additional option ($55).

One anomaly- In 1985, the body side moldings were ALL gray on a 442 regardless of upper body color. On 86/87 442, they were whatever upper body color was, as the rest of the Cutlass lineup.

See the example below with factory B84 molding.

1717460978201.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Just having a little fun, as I know he absolutely despises that term. 😉
Carry on.
I'm considering having a full back window decal custom made, although I should probably see about having some keys made first..

Call It A "Cutty"
(Olds logo)
Some Guy on (GBodyForum logo) really hates it!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
*facepalm*

200w.gif
Alright, maybe just the logos then. You've been very generous to me as well as others but I gotta talk a little smack if I expect to fit in around here.

They say we cut our teeth by biting those we admire.

Reactions: 1 users

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
Ok back on track lol. So this being my decal on my trunk lid...shows B84. So that means this car did have side molding trim at some point correct? What you guys think...should I keep it off or put it back on?
1000007613.jpg

1000007071.jpg

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
This car did have side molding trim at some point correct? What you guys think...should I keep it off or put it back on?
I'm a fan of putting it back on because it adds a bit of class and goes with the lowrider style. I feel that removing that trim is beneficial when you want a meaner, muscle car, or pro touring look.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor