Trouble Codes on Computer Controlled G-Bodies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Just wondering if there is a way to bring up trouble codes in a post-81' G-body with a computer controlled carburetor? The Chilton's manual I have for my car has a section listed for it in the table of contents, but on the page it is supposed to be on, there is nothing but a list of environmental pollutants (????).

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
kustomkyle said:
Just wondering if there is a way to bring up trouble codes in a post-81' G-body with a computer controlled carburetor? The Chilton's manual I have for my car has a section listed for it in the table of contents, but on the page it is supposed to be on, there is nothing but a list of environmental pollutants (????).

Are you asking how to read the trouble codes off the computer, or what they mean? To read them, turn the key on (without starting the engine) and jumper the two upper RH terminals in the ALDL connector under the dash. The Check Engine light will flash. The initial code will always be "12", which shows up as:

ON-(long pause)-ON-(short pause)-ON

This will be repeated three times. Any additional stored codes will then flash in sequence from low to high. Each will also be repeated three times. When all have been shown, Code 12 will flash again and the sequence repeats.

To decode the codes, you need the list for your particular car.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Yeah, there is a section listed for the codes, but there are none listed in the Chilton's manual. There could be a list somewhere in there, but it isn't where they list it to be, and I've been through all the emissions/drivability/etc. pages before several times and never saw anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor