Trunk Carpet? and Trunk Pics..

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Ok, So I'm about to start playing with the trunk of my '80 Cutlass.. Now to me the trunk is a very important peice and shouldn't be left alone...

So here's my idea... I want to replace all the carpet in it with carpet that matches the interior, which is maroon/burgandy what ever you want to call it... And then I'm going to build a cover that goes over the spare tire, an upholstered panel to cover the back of the rear seat, and a panel to go on the drivers sides where there is nothing to protect things from smashing into the quarter panel...

Now my question is... Where can I get carpet that matches the interior? nothing fancy just the same stuff that's on my floor.

Also if you've got some pics of your trunk set up, or a nice trunk set up I'd like to see it...

Thanks!

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
32275130003_large.jpg

This is the only pic I have now... I'll post some more finished pics later.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
DSCN5219.jpg

Looks like this is the only picture I have of mine, We did cover a piece of board with black fabric to finish off the back of the seat, next time I get to the car I will try to take some better pictures if you like.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Just realized I have a bunch of pics in my album. Cruise around through there. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Cool, what would it run me for 2 side panels, a panel to cover the hole where the spare tire should go, and a trunk panel?

If possible could I get them with out material? I just went down to the upholstery shop and ordered up enough maroon carpet to last me a life time...

Oh the other thing I was wondering, I know you don't have one on your site, but what about an ABS panel to cover the back of the seat? could you do somethin like that?

All of it would be for an '80 Cutlass

Thanks!

gmguy3car

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2009
Seattle area
silent_orchestra said:
Cool, what would it run me for 2 side panels, a panel to cover the hole where the spare tire should go, and a trunk panel?

If possible could I get them with out material? I just went down to the upholstery shop and ordered up enough maroon carpet to last me a life time...

Oh the other thing I was wondering, I know you don't have one on your site, but what about an ABS panel to cover the back of the seat? could you do somethin like that?

All of it would be for an '80 Cutlass

Thanks!
Cool good to hear, Next on future items is the back seat panel cover you mentioned, actually might do one today.
I can send them bare if desired, just need to know how thick your carpet is.
I believe I would be starting from scratch on the cutlass, not a problem at all, would fit all panels to a cutlass at the boneyard.
Other G-body's like the Cutlass are my next lines to be launched

I'd say best bet for a quote would be to call and discuss specifics

Did you want my bottom trunk mat bare or are you appliying your carpet direct to the floor and only needing the spare filler?

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
I was just going to put the carpet on the floor with dynamat under it, and use your filler. I'll get thickness on the carpet for you too.

I was planning on building panels out of ABS or MDF myself but then you chimed in.... It's alot easier to send out money than it is too dust off the saws...

gmguy3car

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2009
Seattle area
ok side panels can be done in
panel board the reddish brown stuff
MDF 1/2 inch
ABS about 1/8 in. thick
even waterproof cardboard 1/8
MDF costing slightly more

x2 bare sides $30
x1 ABS bare upper trunk board $35
x1 bare filler w/mounting hardware $15
optional velcrow for trunk board and sides $12
$80 plus shipping $30

I can set up a link for you on the site if desired.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Very cool, I'll take the sides in MDF... And I'll get you thickness on the carpet here this morning too..

Then all I have to do is wait for ebay auctions to go off... The waiting part sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor