Trunk Panel Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Apprentice
Jun 9, 2009
Kansas City, MO
custom 442 and I have had some informal discussion on the board about adapting my Monte trunk panel kits for the Cutlass.

The local Pick-N-Pull here is not local to me and very far away. Nevertheless, I went yesterday...and all I found was a '79 4-door and an '82 4-door. Both trunks were a wash for 2 reasons: 1.) there is no groove under the trunk opening for the back panel to fit in, and 2.) the side panels wouldn't fit for a couple of reasons.

The bottom panel fit fine in both, but both of those 4-doors had completely different designs in the body behind the rear tail lights. The '79 was flat behind there, and the '82 had a sheet metal "bubble" protruding into the trunk compartment behind the tail lights on both sides.

I don't know a lot about your cars. They are G-bodies, and though I was beginning to think the trunks were basically the same as '83-'87 MCs, now I'm not so sure...but I don't know if specific years might be or if certain models like the Cutlass Supreme might be. All I've seen so far are those 2-four door cars. Can you all clarify some of this for me?

Do any of you have metal grooves like this under the back opening of the trunk?
TrunkPanelInst4.jpg

And, do the 2-doors have flat spots in the trunk behind the tail lights?

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC00469.JPG
    DSC00469.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC00468.JPG
    DSC00468.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor