Not open for further replies.

rydeer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2010
The plastic on my "B" pillars was badly deterioting.So;

CIMG0752.jpg

CIMG0753.jpg

Sanded they down to remove loose and deep scratches
Coated with 2 coats of Chip Guard. this is the stuff that is used on rear quarters to prevent rock chips
CIMG0754.jpg

CIMG0755.jpg

Let dry and painted final color.

CIMG0758.jpg

CIMG0759.jpg

I'll let you know how they last. Car should go to paint shop tomorrow.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
It definitely looks better. I haven't tried it but I wonder if you could do the same except either replace the chip coat with dash texture spray or maybe spray the texture spray on top of the chip coat. Just to make the grain a little more original looking. I'm not knocking what you did, though. Looks good. I look forward to hearing how it holds up.

mybigwarwagon

Apprentice
Apr 11, 2009
May have to try that on my lower door panels. I can't find replacements for a 4 door anywhere. Wonder if SEM makes avocado green paint?

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
Good lower door panels for 4 panels are not too hard to find at junk yards. Maybe not green but you can dye them.

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
great idea, wonder if you could sand down the chip guard to a smooth finish though, that dry rot is killing me

rydeer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2010
You could sand it but the texture is close as it is. 5 hours later I took it out to the car and it looks really good. very close match!! The shiney pic is when it was wet. It dried really good.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Looks pretty darn good to me.........YOu got any pics of them in your car???

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
JBreu said:
Looks pretty darn good to me.........YOu got any pics of them in your car???
X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor