Turbo 231

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDPacMan

n00b
Sep 24, 2014
I've got a 87 Regal in stock form and I want to run a turbo on my 231. What do I need to know and look out for when building one of these? I'm not finding much info on this build as most people are running LS engines now. Any help would be appreciated

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
The N/A Buick V6 is not like the turbo V6. The crank, rods and pistons are different so you'd have to change all that. There is the matter of air & fuel, EFI is best so an 86/87 intercooled GN motor would be the way to go but also most expensive. You could use a hot air engine and add an intercooler, air to air or air to water.

I like the Buick V6 but to make it turbo would cost probably more than it's worth. Not because it's a V6 but because of all the things you need to make it work, computer, wiring harnesses, exhaust, the turbo and long block. I'm not going to try and dissuade you from what you want to do but be prepared to pay more than what you're probably thinking it will cost you.

HDPacMan

n00b
Sep 24, 2014
Thanks for the heads up guys. Ill just find another route. Not looking to blow a small fortune, just want something to look good and run like a raped ape

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor