Turbo 350 Shift Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

New3ra

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2008
I just bought a shift improver kit from B&M, never touched a transmission before, I know the basics, but I get the idea, couple questions, When I perform this, can I leave the car in Park? Also once the valvebodys out and i put stuff back in does it go gasket, seperator plate, gasket?
They dont make the directions very clear.

New3ra

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2008
editt

Do i have the wrong kit? I have a turbo 350 out of a 84 monte LS

this kit says 1968-1981 =/

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
The most important step with installing this kit is making sure the little balls get put where they belong. I installed one in my 700R4 in my '89 Formula. Just leave the transmission in park. If I remember correctly, it is gasket - seperator plate - gasket
Be sure to do it over a clear floor, the little balls will fall out of the vavle body and you DO NOT want to lose them.

p.s. replace the filter while you are in there

New3ra

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2008
RITTER said:
The most important step with installing this kit is making sure the little balls get put where they belong. I installed one in my 700R4 in my '89 Formula. Just leave the transmission in park. If I remember correctly, it is gasket - seperator plate - gasket
Be sure to do it over a clear floor, the little balls will fall out of the vavle body and you DO NOT want to lose them.

p.s. replace the filter while you are in there
Thanks yea I have the filter already, the only thing other then that, it says just use one checkball>? in the location it says, do I leave the rest or take em out?

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I know you have to place 1 in a different location, I'm not sure if you leave any out. I would have to get ahold of my buddy to confirm that, I can't remember now :?

New3ra

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2008
RITTER said:
I know you have to place 1 in a different location, I'm not sure if you leave any out. I would have to get ahold of my buddy to confirm that, I can't remember now :?

Id appreciate it if you found out, also wondering if I can even use this kit it says 68-81 turbo 350 this a a 84..

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
New3ra said:
RITTER said:

Id appreciate it if you found out, also wondering if I can even use this kit it says 68-81 turbo 350 this a a 84..

I would call the manufacture's tech line and ask. The later transmissions may have some computer controls that won't work with the kit.

Are your sure the trans in your 84 is original? I am not sure that 350s came in G-Bodys I thought most were 200s and 200r4s. But I may very well be wrong, just a thought.

New3ra

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2008
my car is a 83, Original V6 car, it has a 84 SC 305 and transmission, I assume it was a turbo 350, I looked at the transmission its all square with one corner missing and theres a big X on the pan...

New3ra

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2008
So I need the 350C kit, I have the wrong one, anyways my transmission is either a 350c or 200?
If its a 200 do they even make a shift kit for it?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
if it's a 200 don't even bother putting fluid in it!! get a 200r4 or a 350. both are pretty cheap 'cause very few people realize that the 200r4 is a very good trans and the 350's are dime a dozen.
check out bowtie overdrives if you want to go new, their stage one eliminates all the stock weak points and costs less than a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor