Tv Cable adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

86cutlassrules

Greasemonkey
Dec 12, 2008
Ive read a few articles on adjusting the Tv cable but I still don't understand it. If I am standing on the drivers side of the car I push the release button on the cable then do I pull it out (away from the carb towards the firewall) or in (towards the throttle lever away from the firrewall). My trans is shifting wrong so my guess is I have it set wrong. How do I do it?

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
make sure your cable is hooked up to the carb linkage first, then depress the tab/button , bring your throttle linkage to WOT and relase the button while at WOT and done

86cutlassrules

Greasemonkey
Dec 12, 2008
So I dont have to set it and then floor the car so it adjusts? Sorry I am asking so many questions I just dont want to blow my trans up.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Here's what the 83' Pontiac manual says.
IMG-4-1.jpg

86cutlassrules

Greasemonkey
Dec 12, 2008
I readjusted my cable because I was having some trouble, on take off the trans feels soggy its not like a solid feel like I had with my TH350, and it shifts at 3k rpm what can I do to fix that. I adjusted the cable as you guys explained but it did not help.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Sounds like a stock 200r4 that's 20+ yrs old. Sounds like mine

86cutlassrules

Greasemonkey
Dec 12, 2008
Is there a way to make it shift a little lower, I am afraid shifting that high will make it fall apart. Also it just doesnt have like that hard connection feeling is that because the converter isnt locked yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor