Twin Turbo Regal idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
Good morning,

I am already getting ahead of myself thinking about this but would a twin tyrbo 5.3 fit under the hood of a 82-87 Regal?

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
As I said I am getting way ahead of myself on this. I still am saving cash for another G body project. As far as money goes I have time to save. If twin turbo isnt feassible I know a single one is. Just thought a twin turbo Regal would be cool.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
As I said I am getting way ahead of myself on this. I still am saving cash for another G body project. As far as money goes I have time to save. If twin turbo isnt feassible I know a single one is. Just thought a twin turbo Regal would be cool.

See fleming442’s comment...:)

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yes, and it has been done. Do some research.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Basically, the car hobby has gotten to the point where it feels like everything has been done, they did it all at least 50 times, and it would cost way too much to "break new ground" (or even go toe to toe) for the normal guy. "Cool" can be an expensive word. So my money is on ironing out what you really wanna feel and build accordingly. Never just ask yourself "what" you wanna build, but also "why" and "how." Each step costs a thousand dollars. Try not to end up 10 steps off course.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
This particular build would be for the track. I know I still have a lot to iron out regarding this. It’s only in the idea phase so just trying to get information and googling a lot.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
If it's a track car, why 5.3? An aluminum 6.2 would be better because there is no replacement for displacement. How big of turbos? That's your packaging (piping) nightmare. Little T3/4s with 2.5" pipe is no big deal, but twin 88s or bigger with 4" pipe put you in steamfitter skillset territory.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
My thoughts on it is... With today's technology in turbos it does not make a lot of sense to run twins except for looks. One turbo is a lot easier to plumb. There are turbos that will do about anything you want to do. Some are not cheep though. If you have never done anything like this before? I would keep it as simple as possible and read, read, and reread. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor