Two Barn find Grand Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
Cool, but the guy clearly knew what he had. The thing that's cool about a barn find is when you can get something rare for cheap.

Like buried treasure for car guys.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Seller sounds like a Barrett Jackson watching nut job.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Tc1959 thanks for posting the story. I have always been facinated with barn find stories. I read a few books out there about many of those holy grail cars found in remote places. I just enjoyed the back stories of how they were discovered and what was involved in bringing them back to life.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I seen that earlier on t buick. The thing that makes it so cool is they are twins all the way from the factory.

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Twin no mile '86's would be impossible. Nobody outside of "buick guys" knew the '86 were fast and by the time everyone knew they were fast you couldn't order an '86 anymore, so '86's at the dealers were selling at a premium (my '86 GN sold for $21K). Everybody and their brother ordered an '87. So many that they ran low on GN specific parts so Buick had the great idea to sell blacked out TurboT's,

My family has known an "AMC guy" since the 1980's. When I ran into him in the late 1990's, he admitted he had a 17 mile '87 GN walled off in a room in his house. There were hundreds just like him that missed out on the golden age of the GN from 1986 until about 2000 (by not driving their GN), when they were pretty much untouchable for the little amount of effort it took to make them go fast. With talk of 9 second street cars on dealer lots in 2017, the GN's have already become the Hemi Cuda's and LS6 Chevelles when the GN's showed up... Classic Dinosaurs with a market driven by pure nostalgia for the good old days.

I'm curious what they paid. In this market, close to $100K/pair would be my guess.

Reactions: 1 user

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
As low as the mileage is on both cars, it almost seems like the guy was saving these cars till their value increased just so he could sell them. Why else would you buy 2 Grand Nationals and not drive at least one of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor