under hood light question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty78

Apprentice
Feb 19, 2013
Mobile,AL
I just got one on Ebay,and last week I found and empy plug coming out of the wire harness in the firewall inder the master cylinder.....is that it? Will someone with a factory light go check? Please?

Frank

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2009
Ohio
Did you put a volt meter on it? If its hot with the key turned off it may be for the hood light. But a visual from someone with a factory installed on would be good verification. I don't see any unused connectors anywhere near where it mounts on my Chevy. The terminal block is under the master cylinder with what appear to be a number of unused connections filled with what looks like grease but no unused connectors anywhere. I may have to improvise by running a wire to the fuse block.

Cutty78

Apprentice
Feb 19, 2013
Mobile,AL
Ok,need help on where to plug in the light. Can ANYONE with a factory light PLEASE go look at your connection and describe or take a pic of where the plug goes. This is the light I bought,and the male end of the plug.
UnderhoodLight_zps4bea8943.jpg

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Cutty78, look between the brake booster and wiper motor, that's where the connector should be. Ive also seen the hood light wired directly to the bulkhead connector on the back of the fusebox.

Cutty78

Apprentice
Feb 19, 2013
Mobile,AL
I had found a plug in between the wiper motor and Master cylinder last week,but it's also a male plug,almost identical to this one. I have mounted the light and stretched the wire all over,looking for a plug of some kind. My car has the holes where one was at one time,but if I could pull up that 78 Cutlass PDF,I could definately find it. Ahhh....here it is. http://oldcarmanualproject.com/manuals/ ... index.html

Cutty78

Apprentice
Feb 19, 2013
Mobile,AL
I couldnt get it to load the pages,my IE is screwed up,but I did,'t see it listed in any of the lighting,or accessories part of the manual. Will someone please go look?? :(

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
On my 86 cutlass, the power lead for the underhood light connector is a brown colored connector and is located as stated before between the brake booster and wiper motor area.

Cutty78

Apprentice
Feb 19, 2013
Mobile,AL
MrLightning said:
On my 86 cutlass, the power lead for the underhood light connector is a brown colored connector and is located as stated before between the brake booster and wiper motor area.
All I have is another male end plug there,no other plugs coming out. I'm still no closer to finding the wire. Can anyone PLEASE go take a pic of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor