Unknown motor and Q jet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
read what the numbers mean, who knows what mods were made to a 40 year carburetor. There are no indication in the carb number whether for the manual or power brake option

Transmission Application
1,3,5,7,9 – Odd numbers – manual transmission
0,2,4,6,8 – Even numbers – automatic transmission
I am well aware what the numbers mean. My auto carb, pretty sure showed it as a 76 model, more than likely original had no kick down stud, as in not fully drilled and no hole in the back for a booster fitting. Just saying not having a kick down stud doesn't automatically make it a manual trans carb because Olds went off the gas pedal for a few years. Olds also stayed with bolt in axles till the mid 70's and the hot air choke to the bitter end. More of their own ideas vs the Rat Pack, pun intended. I sold that great running carb too cheap to an Olds Power member who noticed the the same oddities.

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Here is what I found. I go by what DELCO says. http://www.newagemetal.com/pages/Oldsmobile/70-79/pages/70-79Oldsmobile0081_jpg.htm
1590245237630.png
1590245271556.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor