**Update** on Big Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
After much debating, I decided to put my money towards fixing the malibu since I already have a lot of money invested, it would be a waste to let it sit. Plus I lost a close friend of mine recently and I've been buying up most of his mopar parts that are going to go towards restoring the Roadrunner. To fix the floors, I found a donor floor out of an 84' cutlass supreme. Thats the good thing about down south is that steel stays clean. On top of repairing the floors from the catastrophic failure of the driveshaft, I've already got a 700r4 to replace the TH350 trans that has a busted bellhousing now. Bought the geometry corrector for the eddy carb as well.

The engine is gonna come out here within the next few months so I can go through it and make sure everything is good to go. I'm also upgrading the rockers to a set of stamped steel 1.6 ratios to give the benefits of a larger cam without doing a cam swap. So it'll take my .442/.465 summit cam and give it a .471/.496 lift. I've also bought a set of energy suspension body mount bushing set as that is the only part of the suspension I have not replaced and am hoping that I'll notice the difference. Along with that, I'm also going to box up the rear lower control arms.

I figured well the car is already getting new floors, trans, rebuilt engine, and body mounts, so I decided to buy a set of roof rail seals (mine are rotted) and get some new window felts which have been gone for a decade now since they rotted out as well. I've also got a buddy who is selling me the front ss spoiler form an el camino for 50$.

Here are some pics of the progress along with pics of the interior cause I've had a lot of people asking:

100_2543.jpg

Before shot of floor destruction:
pics11-26-09007-2.jpg

pics11-26-09005-1.jpg

Donor floors:
100_2625.jpg

100_2626.jpg

100_2140.jpg

100_2627.jpg

100_2628.jpg

The 700r4:
100_2629.jpg

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Nice progress...........Love the interior.I just dropped my Baby off at the transmission Shop on Sat. for the 700r4 install and 4:56 gears.....If I knew how to add photos to this I would. I keep trying to upload my photos and the site tells me the image is to big???? I got a basic digital camera so who knows......That's why I have no photos with my sig :(

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Try using photobucket.com. That's what I used and then you just take the direct link and paste it here. Never had a problem so far. Good luck with the 4.56's, I think Im gonna stick with my 3.73's.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
JBreu said:
Nice progress...........Love the interior.I just dropped my Baby off at the transmission Shop on Sat. for the 700r4 install and 4:56 gears.....If I knew how to add photos to this I would. I keep trying to upload my photos and the site tells me the image is to big???? I got a basic digital camera so who knows......That's why I have no photos with my sig :(

hey JBreu,
normal digi-cameras these days take HUGE pictures. So you may need to go into MS paint and shrink all of them.

But the easiest thing you can do is go to a photo hosting site like Photobucket.com and upload your photos there. That site takes them any way they come, and it's all free... Then you just need to add the web, or url, or img link of the photo from that site to your thread post on this site. It seems like a long process, but it ends up quicker than trying to upload to this forum.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
lookin nice. oh and on the pics, i use myspace as the photo sizer. thats why all my pics are the same size. :hijack:

Jg85350Regal

Greasemonkey
Mar 10, 2010
Windsor Locks, CT
Good call on not letting that sit, you would of been kicking yourself two or three years later like I am now when the car needs three times as much work. Thats a really sweet malibu by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor