Upgrades for my 88 Cutlass: Update 2/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

washingtonb2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2010
Sorry bro!!! When I bought the car, it had an aftermarket radio in it..

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
I 2nd that! I'm looking for a stock cassette or newer Delco with the CD to replace the aftermarket Pioneer in my 88 Cutlass. I much prefer the factory look. If anyone has a good factory radio please let me know!

Cutlass007.jpg

I want this radio to go bye-bye. It sounds good but I want to go back to stock!
CutlassDash015.jpg

CleanGP042.jpg

CleanGP014.jpg

Good luck on your 88 project. As a fellow 88 owner, it's my favorite year!

-Mike

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
I'd love to swap my 307 for an Olds 350 or 403. The 307 is smooth but a dog.

Glad you got yours running and good luck again with your project.

-Mike

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
If you replace your upper door panels with something else please let me know. I like the ones with the long pull-straps and your car has the same color interior as mine.

-Mike

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
Re: Future plans for the Cutlass

washingtonb2 said:
@ Bernhard- The $600 was for the whole set. I was considering taking off the vinyl top but it is not in the budget right now. I would have to find the rear quarter windows and the trim for the back window. I am saving up now to get everything that I want done to the car this winter. I am in the military, so it is hard to work on it the way that I want to. I just got back off of a year deployment to Afghanistan and this is my lil project to relieve my stress.

@ olds307 and 403- I will def look into the new valve covers. I am in the process of looking for a 350 that needs rebuilding so that I can build it while my other engine is still in the car. I am leaning more to the "Chip Fooses" style for the car.

In case nobody else says it thanks for your service to our country. I've got nothing but respect for you folks. As a fellow 88 owner if you have any questions on your car I'll do my best to answer them.

-Mike

washingtonb2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2010
Re: Future plans for the Cutlass

81X11 said:
In case nobody else says it thanks for your service to our country. I've got nothing but respect for you folks. As a fellow 88 owner if you have any questions on your car I'll do my best to answer them.

-Mike

Thanks. That means a lot to me. After spending a year in Afghanistan and coming back to my wife leaving me, I bought the Cutlass as a new beginning. LOL. IT is people like you that appericate the things I do that keeps me motivated.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Damn that was a steal for the price you got it at! Good luck on it and thanks for the service you put in over seas!

washingtonb2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2010
-83MONTESS- said:
Damn that was a steal for the price you got it at! Good luck on it and thanks for the service you put in over seas!

Thanks bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor