Upgrades for my 88 Cutlass: Update 2/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

406Boy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2008
Georgia
Yeah man. May God bless you for keeping our country safe. As for the rest, don't worry about what you can't change, God controls everything and he does things for a reason. HE will get you through it all. :-D

washingtonb2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2010
Got my Jester TH350 double hump crossmember in last week. It was a pain in the butt to get it on but i installed it and my Flowtech purple hornies header mufflers. They sound great. I will try to post som pics of the install as soon as I get the car back in the air.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    725.7 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 718

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
81X11 said:
I 2nd that! I'm looking for a stock cassette or newer Delco with the CD to replace the aftermarket Pioneer in my 88 Cutlass. I much prefer the factory look. If anyone has a good factory radio please let me know!

There is someone on eBay who sells refurbished Delco radios. My dad bought one out of a Corvette with a CD player that fit his Cutlass with 0 modifications. The harness was even the same as his stock one. If you can find an original one that still works well, it can be modified as well, and you can put a 3.5mm jack in the back of the radio for an iPod to hook up to, like mine. The radio kits for our cars just look so tacky it's almost like there is only two choices, stock, or heavily modified radio bezel.

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
79loserbluebu said:
81X11 said:
I 2nd that! I'm looking for a stock cassette or newer Delco with the CD to replace the aftermarket Pioneer in my 88 Cutlass. I much prefer the factory look. If anyone has a good factory radio please let me know!

There is someone on eBay who sells refurbished Delco radios. My dad bought one out of a Corvette with a CD player that fit his Cutlass with 0 modifications. The harness was even the same as his stock one. If you can find an original one that still works well, it can be modified as well, and you can put a 3.5mm jack in the back of the radio for an iPod to hook up to, like mine. The radio kits for our cars just look so tacky it's almost like there is only two choices, stock, or heavily modified radio bezel.

Thanks for the info. Factory radio is high on the list!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor