V-6 intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
I ran across a factory 4 barrel intake for a 3.8 v-6 at a swap meet and picked it up for 35 bucks. Any idea how long they made these things or how rare they are? It has an EGR valve at the back of it and a casting number and that's it.

phaZe

Greasemonkey
Aug 16, 2008
You can buy 4 barrel carb intake manifolds and that's usually what people do to get more power out of a V6. I believe Edelbrock makes them and probably other companies.

I'm not sure if they were an option for a V6 back in the 80's.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
the 4.1L V6 4bbl intake manifold from a toronado or riveira swaps directly on a 3.8 V6, if it's not aftermarket, I bet thats what it is.

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
3XBrownCutty said:
the 4.1L V6 4bbl intake manifold from a toronado or riveira swaps directly on a 3.8 V6, if it's not aftermarket, I bet thats what it is.

Thanks that helps alot. I didn't know if it was an option or not I have never heard of a 4 barrel set up on a v-6. Any idea if it's worth anything.

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
All 4.1L buick V6s came with the 4bbl intake, and they are direct bolt-on to 3.8 buick v6s.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
No, I'm not sure if it's worth anything. You would think that they would be common, but I'm really not sure.

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
35$ is a fair deal, they're on ebay and they usually go for 25-50$ depending on their condition.

They are sort of rare though, I have yet to come across one in a junkyard, and I've been keeping an eye out for one of those or an edelbrock.

Supposedly it's an instant 30 hp with the 4bbl rochestor carb on a 3.8.

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
83cutlasssedan said:
35$ is a fair deal, they're on ebay and they usually go for 25-50$ depending on their condition.

They are sort of rare though, I have yet to come across one in a junkyard, and I've been keeping an eye out for one of those or an edelbrock.

Supposedly it's an instant 30 hp with the 4bbl rochestor carb on a 3.8.

Thanks for the info. I just sold mine for 40 bucks so I guess I got an average price. I've read articles on it but never really experimented with one, and I've gotten rid of all my 3.8 stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor