v6 Buick 231 A/C swap to Olds 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE
I have been researching posts about this swap but it seems like every pulled 231 is getting swapped out for SBC or another Buick.

I want to retain my A/C from a 231 to swap to a Olds 350. A/C works great so I want to keep. However, the Mrs accidently threw out the 231 brackets. What parts do I need to make this work? Do the 231 brackets work? Can they be welded on to make work? I have the shorter compressor from 1978. Is this swap possible or do I need to get A/C from a Olds 350 set up from similiar year engine?

I know someone has accomplished this task.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
The A/C lines from the V6 will be too short. Like it or not your gonna have to empty the system and have it recharged when your done. The compresser may work depending on how the housing is clocked and wether it has a high/low pressure switch on it. The brackets will not work, your best bet is to hit up the junkyard and get the lines all the brackets and compressor from any G body from 78-88 that has an Olds engine in it 260,307,350,403 doesnt matter. I would also grab all the brackets and pulleys for all the other accesories if your 350 didnt have A/C . Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor