v6 to SBC v8 what A/C Compressor bracket?

87CutlassSupremeBrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2024
Found scratched option for $517 thats the lowest i can find new parts otherwise id have to search junkyards all over I don’t have time for that. It’s this kit can i mount the clutch fan to the crank pulley?

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
He is not talking about this but Allen Grove type has high or low brackets the low one seems to interest me most see that little bolt on the front some blocks have a bolt hole going ? (Through block,)into the oil passage inside fuel pump shaft area,ones that do have to be sealed with sealed bolt or stud they will leak like a sive....I never knew this for some time no point in keeping it secret now...useing to long a bolt here can bend a good pump rod possibly locking it"? One of those 2 bolt holes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240604-193614_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240604-193614_Firefox.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

87CutlassSupremeBrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2024
He is not talking about this but Allen Grove type has high or low brackets the low one seems to interest me most see that little bolt on the front some blocks have a bolt hole going ? (Through block,)into the oil passage inside fuel pump shaft area,ones that do have to be sealed with sealed bolt or stud they will leak like a sive....I never knew this for some time no point in keeping it secret now...useing to long a bolt here can bend a good pump rod possibly locking it"? One of those 2 bolt holes
So I could get a basic SBC PS and alt kit and then add this one to it? Im getting to the point where I may just delete the AC.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor