V8 Chevette Daily Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Well it was indeed knocking but I got up the enregy to pull it one more time. I threw a crank kit at it this time and have now been driving it for a week. Engine is good. The only trouble i'm having is the transmission. It shifts good when cold but after warming up the 1-2 shift is soft. 2-3 and 3-4 still feel good though. Not sure what the deal is but for now I plan to keep driving it.
The Malibu is getting a new rear so the 3.73's from it might just find their way in to the Chevette for a little while. Eventually I will try to find a set of 3.23's for it.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Well unfortunately this thread has come to an end. A day before changing the gears the transmission gives up. Then i bust out the driver side window. I put it up for sale and a friend made me a trade. Luckily he is a gear head too and i'll be able to see the work he does to it. Here's what i got in trade.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You got the good end of that trade.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Except I think it's gonna need a transmission as well.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
gdouaire said:
You could ask the guy you sold it to - to continue the build thread here ;)

That is an idea. Not sure if he will join or not but he does own a GN as well lol!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey James,
It's been an interesting build/ experiment, but it's seems to continue to keep it's hands in your pockets. I think you did well with the trade, despite possibly needing a trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor