V8 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
Okay a bit of a problem I'm running into. I swapped a 350 out of a 93 caprice into my 84 cutlass and the v8 has the special key that the ecm reads so does anyone know how to disable that so I can run it with my car? Any help is much needed

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'd pop on over to the http://www.impalassforum.com/ and see what they have. It's not strictly an Impala forum, it cover's all of the 91-96 B-Bodies. Search the forum with the keywords, "Pass key". I seem to remember my dad seeing a way to remove and disable the chip, somewhere within the forum. Hope it helps

Stuart

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
Well thanks for the help!! This is a work in progress and hopefully it's not too hard so I can get it running soon. But thanks for the info I'll see what I can find

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor