v8 t type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
i hate bother you guys on here with this, but im having a hell of an argument with a know it all dude i know that trash talks g bodys constantly unless its a gn, t type or gnx. well hes tryin to say that the t type was strictly a turbo car while, i know perfectly well that it was an option, apearence package, on the v8 cars also. i know ive seen it on here i think, about it, i did search and didnt come with much. i was wondering if anyone knew production #s and what not on these things, just cause it would very nice to shut this dude down once.

i belive i mave seen 1 or 2 for sale at a couple swap meets ive been to. sorry again but you ever have those people that just truly think they know all and you almost cant argue with them, cause they are always right. thank you so much i try not drag questions like that up here but, didnt know where else to turn haha

really! i did not know that. i always though the "T" specifically meant turbo

I was surprised as well when i heard that the t types came with 307's. But yep, its true. Why exactly does he hate g bodies? Sure the majority of them were dogs out of the factory but they look awesome, and have great potential. Its not like any factory 80s cars were real powerhouses, with a few exceptions of course. It espically pisses me off when people go thinking that 80s f bodies are so bad *ss, just because theyre called camaro or firebird. Most of them werent much better than the g bodies, except the 350 fuel inject ones.

Buick's theme at that time was a "T" for "touring package". There was a T-type in Skylark, Century, Regal, LeSabre and even Electra. It was mainly a suspension and appearance option. I'm absolutely positive about that, as I worked for a Buick dealer at the time, and had at least one of every model as a company car. The LeSabre coupe T-Type was my favorite, especially after the GN got discontinued. I had 6 of them in '88 and '89, five in red and one white.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor