vacuum lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron chickadel

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2016
millsboro,de
on my 78 pontiac lemans with 305 v8 ,i trying clean the engine bay ( primarily intake ) ! i need some help in what vacuum hoses that could be eliminated ? installing new valve covers ,breather cap and pvc cap.my pvc hose slits off into 2 hoses and new chrome one comes with a chrome hose i would like to use and not cut in. also other hoses that could eliminated without effecting drivability ! any help,ideas would be greatly appreciated ! thankyou ron

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Really unless you go through and gut all the emissions ho hah (on a stock 305 might as well leave it on if it works) and just have vacuum for the vacuum advance, brakes, PCV and transmission if it requires it. Unless you get ahold of a diagram (easily findable on the internet) just use tie raps or Velcro straps to tie the lines together and tuck them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor