CUTLASS Valuation of a 1987 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

olsmobill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2020
Glad you're not dead. You must have been using your headrest on that split bench seat. Some people would have fallen out the door holding their neck screaming for a money lawyer.
Missed opportunity.

lmao. me too man. GOD i miss my bench seats. column shift allll day lol

and yeah its looking like its gonna come to that because they wont budge off the price. i'm taking the advice that one guy wrote in here and filing a complaint with the insurance commisioner.

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Ouch! That was rough hit. $6,300 is probably "fair" from the insurance company. It will be a HUGE hassle and you might get a few hundred more out of them if they'll even let you appeal their offer. Every insurance company and state operates differently when it comes to this process. I use Hagerty because they will let you assign a higher value to your car. They put a $7K valuation on my 442 when I first bought it but if you do work to your car e.g. Engine etc you can request a higher valuation and they DO PAY out.

When it comes to stereo systems that is one area that you're definitely S.O.L. but you could pull it out of the car I imagine. I definitely agree with the Buy Back option others have said. Ages ago my buddy wrecked his 3rd Gen Z/28 and he was able to buy the car back and fixed it with the left over money from insurance payout.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
That's what I was getting at. Buy it back, and use your excellent parts on a different, maybe not so excellent but good frame and rear, car. You're never going to get all the money out of the drivetrain and stereo with an insurance payout- or are you?

olsmobill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2020
Ouch! That was rough hit. $6,300 is probably "fair" from the insurance company. It will be a HUGE hassle and you might get a few hundred more out of them if they'll even let you appeal their offer. Every insurance company and state operates differently when it comes to this process. I use Hagerty because they will let you assign a higher value to your car. They put a $7K valuation on my 442 when I first bought it but if you do work to your car e.g. Engine etc you can request a higher valuation and they DO PAY out.

When it comes to stereo systems that is one area that you're definitely S.O.L. but you could pull it out of the car I imagine. I definitely agree with the Buy Back option others have said. Ages ago my buddy wrecked his 3rd Gen Z/28 and he was able to buy the car back and fixed it with the left over money from insurance payout.

Who knows? its not fair at all to me, and on my valution they even DEDUCTED from the comps that i sent them. such as 30k, 20, 15, 9k cutlass's. and i'm dealing with HER insurance company , not mine. But yes in hindsight i should have used haggarty. this is a learning lesson for sure. I'll be insuring the next one thru the nose.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
good rear ? i guess im gonna have to show you guys how hard it was totalled in the back...

EDIT: Added some pics for those saying i should get a new rear end..

So now that we all see what im working with here....

Can we agree that I GOTTA GET A WHOLE NEW ONE????? :LOL::LOL:
Just found your posts and seen your pictures, so sorry for your loss, but happy your ok man!! I could only imagine how that would have turned out in one of today's polyethylene piles :( Its hard having to endure the loss not alone dealing with the insurance clowns who expect you to roll over and take what they give you. I personally would take the check, buy back the car and keep what you want and sell some parts to make up the difference. Good luck to you in all this, stay strong and again, glad to see your ok !!!

Reactions: 1 user

olsmobill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2020
Just found your posts and seen your pictures, so sorry for your loss, but happy your ok man!! I could only imagine how that would have turned out in one of today's polyethylene piles :( Its hard having to endure the loss not alone dealing with the insurance clowns who expect you to roll over and take what they give you. I personally would take the check, buy back the car and keep what you want and sell some parts to make up the difference. Good luck to you in all this, stay strong and again, glad to see your ok !!!

maann i really have considered it but i cannot make the #'s make sense at that low unless i go buy an absolute piece of sh*t cutlass to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor