Value of 87 El Camino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stencer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2009
My buddy has a 1987 El Camino Choo Choo Conv, 70-80k original miles. What is it worth? I'm going to try to buy it if the price is right.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Here's the values from my 2007 Collector car price guide.

Condition is rated from 1 to 6, 1 being perfect, 6 being a parts car/what I drive...

'83-'87 El Camino SS - Add 30% for Choo Choo model

1- $13,000
2- $9,100
3- $5,850
4- $2,600
5- $1,560
6- $520

Take those with a big grain of salt, but it's something to work with...

stencer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2009
Hmm, condition its in.. seems like I may get a steal 8)

MrCryptic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 1, 2009
Cypress
It says for a SS on the price guide there.

it just depends on the condition i would say, how much he put into it, what engine it was, with those original miles it would definately bring the value up. any dents or dings would do the opposite..

my '81 was about $1k, i drove it home. However there was some decent body damage, and the suspension was shot, and the miles read about 80k, but i believe that's closer to 180/280K lol. and the previous owner dropped in a bigger engine (305), and new trans, however he didnt replace springs shocks, so that's why they're shot.

It all jus depends ;)

i'd say blue book it. try doing a Google search for blue book classic car values.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it's too bad it's your buddy, the way the economy is now he may be in need of money but you don't want to lowball a friend.

stencer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2009
pontiacgp said:
it's too bad it's your buddy, the way the economy is now he may be in need of money but you don't want to lowball a friend.
Not really lowballing him, its actually 500 more than he originally told me. It still is c-l-e-a-n though so its worth it to me.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
stencer said:
pontiacgp said:
Not really lowballing him, its actually 500 more than he originally told me. It still is c-l-e-a-n though so its worth it to me.

I was not suggesting you were lowballing.....I was just making a general comment.. sorry if you misunderstood me

stencer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2009
pontiacgp said:
stencer said:
pontiacgp said:

I was not suggesting you were lowballing.....I was just making a general comment.. sorry if you misunderstood me
I understood and misunderstood at the same time lol.

I'm hoping to pick it up ASAP! Better MPG than the SS I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor