Video of Cutlass doing a 10.31 pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Give me your thoughts.

First, the driver was all messed up on this run, forgot to turn on the line lock, so no burnout to speak of. :doh: So I ended up leaving just off idle.

In slow mo, the pass tire comes off the ground about 2" inches for a couple feet and then settles down with a mild bounce.

A still shot from the other side shows the d/s tire about 4"to 5" in the air.

main.jpg

Anyone know how to "save" a video in slow-mo?

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Nice run. Seems to really come on strong mid track.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Thanks, can't wait to start smacking it with the trans brake. Would kill for a sub 1.40 60 foot.

"Seems to really come on strong mid track."

You know how much torque Big Block :roll: BOPC's make.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
10.30 pass

looks like fun to me :twisted: is this the car that you put the arb on?

it looks like your old set-up.... if so have you got any vid's on new set up.

i really don't think there's much interest on drag racing here, what do you think?

i think i'am going to sell the nos set-up..... the last time out i ran a 12.09 @110. and a sixty of 1.64. i still have the plugs i broke the engine in with, R43's and i haven't touched the timing at all...still 36 degrees all in at 3000 rpm...i think :shock:

i really think i can get in the 11z with some tune up work on the motor and chassis..any suggestions.....jesse

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
ya there really doesn't seem to be much interest here with drag racing, all the same topics come up..what kind of rear end do i have? or whats this wire go to. but thats why i am a member on malibu racing too. nice run shotgun do you flash the converter? or bring it too its full stall speed?

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Jesse, this has the HR&Stuff bar on it , not my custom one. That was sold locally and is living on in a 455 powered GP.
The video is from 2 weels ago.
What are your mid track numbers? With that 60 and mph you should be able to squeeze out an 11.

Come on just hit it with the N2O and go 10z!!!!

I have not been able to use the convertor to it's max yet, the car will only hold to 2500 in the lights. It is a custom TCI unit 4500/5000 stall.
I feel safe enough about the way it handles/hooks now to try playing with the Tbrake.
I just need to find a good spot for the t-brake button and start the learning curve.
Plan on maybe a 3000 launch first and work up 500/1000 rpm at a time.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
nitrous is a like a hot girl with aids, you would like to hit it but afraid of the consequences lol.... jesse, just hit it its addicting!

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I agree, I don't seem to find much on here about drag racing...

I've just gotten out of school, and so I have time to start getting more into it. And because of school, I havent had much opportunity to learn.

As a beginer, I'm still in the 13s, so I hope to be up with you guys soon :)

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Nothing wrong with a 13. My old, stock GP ran a blistering 18 flat. :lol:

It made a hell of a bracket car, never had to worry about traction issues. 8)

It think I won 1/2 the races because I would be half way down the track before the other guys light would drop!!

He would be sitting there watching me getting smaller and smaller, sometimes for 8 seconds!

Talk about a mind f8ck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor