Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
lg1200 said:
DoubleV said:
CCC distributors don't have vacuum advance. The computer controls the timing advance. The point of grounding the computer ( or just unplugging the 4 wire connector to the distributor ) is to stop it from giving you any advance so you can set the base timing.

@DoubleV So basically with the CCC distributor I'd just remove the 4-wire plug running to the back of it to adjust the base timing? Would I do this with before starting the engine or after? Common sense says do this when the engine isn't running but i'm just curious..Also if/when I go to a vacuum advanced distributor and a new carb what would need to do with the harness connection that was previously going from the computer to the distro and carb?

I don't see how it would matter whether you unplugged it before you start the engine or after. Either way, I always found it easier to just ground the A/B terminals with a paper clip, but both ways accomplish the same thing.

If you switch to a non CCC distributor and non CCC carb, all of the wires/plugs/sensors for the ECM ( which of course included the ones to the distributor and carb ) just become useless dead weight. The CCC wiring harness is seperate from all of the other wiring in the car. You can remove it all....or just leave it all under the hood looking like crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor