Wagon Jack Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
You want a wagon jack...goes into the body mount access holes in the frame
Exactly, the one that goes in the hole. I used to have one, but with the move, deployment, storage, I cant find the damn thing.

Ribbedroof, I've seen that before. The one Jack is referring too has a plate with a bump on it the fits in the holes on the frame. Much safer I think, for a factory jack anyhow.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Exactly, the one that goes in the hole. I used to have one, but with the move, deployment, storage, I cant find the damn thing.

Ribbedroof, I've seen that before. The one Jack is referring too has a plate with a bump on it the fits in the holes on the frame. Much safer I think, for a factory jack anyhow.
Safer even for an older A-body. I used one on my '72 Monte when I had it. Was way faster to get the car up & tire off than with the bumper jack.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
This is the kind that has been in the wagons I've had....

4d69c598d9e14_129049b.jpg

Sort of a hybrid between a bumper jack and I dunno what. The carriage ratchets along the bumper jack style bar seen at the far right of the jack
I've never seen one like that before. That's a little unusual. The scissor jack I have has the round perch that fits in one of the chassis holes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Oh, FFS, I was trying to see if there was a pic on the net somewhere that showed the decal 14016970 jacking instructions and here's what my search results were. I got ONE result.

F**K YOU, Google. WTF! Sounds like the name on a pancake mix box.

Hammer Jacked 14016970 search.jpg

• Haha

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Oh, FFS, I was trying to see if there was a pic on the net somewhere that showed the decal 14016970 jacking instructions and here's what my search results were. I got ONE result.

F**K YOU, Google. WTF! Sounds like the name on a pancake mix box.

View attachment 165471
Perhaps Google has pegged 'FFS' as a recurring search item.

Last edited:

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
This is the jack style that fits in the frame holes near each wheel.

The instruction sticker is 3-1/2 x 8 inches. If you check the PDF in the first post, the image side should be that as well - image was done on a flatbed scanner. Too bad the graphics got a bit damaged. Another wagon owner may be able to provide an image of a better survivor sticker.

Oh, and donuts may be bad for your car's health in the car wash.

Attachments

• DSCN5801.JPG
    DSCN5801.JPG
    452.4 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN5802.JPG
    DSCN5802.JPG
    490.2 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN5803.JPG
    DSCN5803.JPG
    483 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN5804.JPG
    DSCN5804.JPG
    476 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
That is the jack we were referring too, thanks for that!

• Agree

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I printed out the PDF file on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and measured it with a ruler- 9" x 4.5". Then I converted it to a TIF file and it still a native size of 9" x 4.5"

Not sure if forcing it to 8" x 3.5" would net you the same perspective.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The one Quinn posted is what I thought I was posting....pic was darker on my monitor than this one. Looks to be the same with a different pad. Was listed as a 1980 Lemans wagon jack. A little more research says it's B body

Anyway, have not seen a scissor jack on a GM of this era

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Forgive me, the jacks you guys have posted are what I was referring, no the scissor jack from the newer cars we all love to hate, except in a junkyard in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor