MALIBU Wagon shell in NC, trying to see if someone wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soultrondds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 13, 2020
I wouldn't put any bets on that car. It's probably gone...if not crushed.
I've sent messages to people in the thread and not heard from them. I don't know what they are realistically going for so I was hoping someone would make an offer.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Perhaps if you post some more pics of the car on both sides, front and back, you may spark more interest in it. People could then determine whether it's a builder or strictly a parts car.

Reactions: 1 user

Soultrondds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 13, 2020
Perhaps if you post some more pics of the car on both sides, front and back, you may spark more interest in it. People could then determine whether it's a builder or strictly a parts car.
If I could get any realistic gauge for what it's worth I'll just make up for sale post. I initially was hoping to get pictures sooner but just didn't make it to my parents house as soon as I'd hoped.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
My 2 cents, as a wagon buyer/owner/fan:

As pictured in this thread, it is impossible to get any real idea of the condition of the floors/frame/interior.

Given it's current appearance, the main buyer is going to be somebody that wants to build a race car out of it. In my experience, people want to pay very little for this type of plan....typically $200-300.

Cleaned up, with a title, as a "project car" somewhere from the aforementioned 2-300 to MAYBE a thousand, if there's a good interior, and a drivetrain to build on.

No title, full of junk, used-up interior, crusty on the bottom.... it's crusher bait, as much as that pains me to say.

There's one locally that is $300, worth it for the front clip, but the logistics of retrieving it, storing it, and keeping the rodents out of it make it not worth it for me, I'm trying to thin the herd, not acquire more stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Looks like power vents, adds a little intrigue as a parts wagon, worst case scenario

Reactions: 1 user

Soultrondds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 13, 2020
My 2 cents, as a wagon buyer/owner/fan:

As pictured in this thread, it is impossible to get any real idea of the condition of the floors/frame/interior.

Given it's current appearance, the main buyer is going to be somebody that wants to build a race car out of it. In my experience, people want to pay very little for this type of plan....typically $200-300.

Cleaned up, with a title, as a "project car" somewhere from the aforementioned 2-300 to MAYBE a thousand, if there's a good interior, and a drivetrain to build on.

No title, full of junk, used-up interior, crusty on the bottom.... it's crusher bait, as much as that pains me to say.

There's one locally that is $300, worth it for the front clip, but the logistics of retrieving it, storing it, and keeping the rodents out of it make it not worth it for me, I'm trying to thin the herd, not acquire more stuff
I already did say the interior isn't in great shape and that the car doesn't have a drivetrain. I didn't have a lot of time when I visited last but I'm going over there soon. I'll probably clean it off and get a better look at it.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I already did say the interior isn't in great shape and that the car doesn't have a drivetrain. I didn't have a lot of time when I visited last but I'm going over there soon. I'll probably clean it off and get a better look at it.
I think that would be your best bet.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK

Yes, I saw that. My response was a general overview of cars in that situation.
As said. to maximize selling price, a good cleaning would be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor