Want AC compressor back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

mem01122

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 22, 2008
Hello, I have an 86 Monte SS and the previous owner took out the AC compressor. I would like to put one back on. I'm basically a new-b would like guidance thank you very much.

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
If I was in your shoes and didn't really know how to install a compressor, I would go to a junk yard and look around. Just about any G Body is set up the same way. Take a good look at the brackets, pulleys, belts and hoses you will need. You could take a chance at a junk yard set up but I wouldn't bet on the compressor to work. You could strip all ancillary components mentioned above and find a working compressor to complete your A/C. Make sure you get ALL bracket that you'll need!
good luck

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I have everything including; hose assembly, compressor, drier and condensor that I just took out of my car about 2 weeks ago. Will sell it to you $50 +shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor