CUTLASS Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the air conditioning compressor wide open throttle cut off switch used on the 83-84 Hurst Olds and the 85-87 442

What's the center to center width on the terminals?
I realize now it might be the same connector as the 10si or 12si alternator plug. The width is about right. Item A in the group might do the trick. This is the book with the GM hardware

Attachments

• 20230728_171705.jpg
    20230728_171705.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
  • 20230728_171753.jpg
    20230728_171753.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
Reactions: 1 user
What I was planning to do was add the cut out switch into one of the compressor leads and break the connection at wide open throttle. This would be on my 78 Malibu.
Looks like I need to track down the accelerator pedal rod support plate. The part number is 25517909 in the Buick and Chevrolet GM catalogs so it shouldn't be too difficult to find.
But I did learn the Oldsmobile engineers really went over the top with the compressor circuit compared to the other divisions.
Hi there. I’m digging around trying to understand the new ac delco compressor I was recommended. Seems like my buddy whom is installing it in my 79 coupe classic has trepidation as the compressor needs a sensor wiring in order to run it properly.
As the ac delco is a remanufacture and the original set up may need wire love.. that said can you give me your thoughts on this. So I may pass it over to him as he is a bit perplexed as he cannot figure it out as of yet. Thanks Dez

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor