Water in passenger side

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I thought the leak on the passenger side was a standard factory feature. Every A/G I have had leaked there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I thought the leak on the passenger side was a standard factory feature. Every A/G I have had leaked there.

I agree. With all the points of failure in that area you would think they planned it that way. Every seam in that area on mine had a mediocre amount of seam sealer, including some that you would never see unless you pull the fender, lower windshield trim, and AC/Heater box.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

79centurytc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2015
I agree. With all the points of failure in that area you would think they planned it that way. Every seam in that area on mine had a mediocre amount of seam sealer, including some that you would never see unless you pull the fender, lower windshield trim, and AC/Heater box.
Had the same problem with a 78 Cutlass Salon that a bought new. The problem I had was on the driver side & the dealer finally had to take the hood & both fenders off to fix it. They had to reseal the seams on the firewall. This was in the first 18 months that I owned it !!!!!

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
Mine has started on the passenger's side. After I replaced the rubber on both doors, and upper, I started getting leaks on the driver's side and the last I checked 3 months ago, had a pencil diameter hole in the floor on the driver's side. Pisses me off that I should have left the old rubber on. I got the GM door seal and still getting puddles. I think I have to add some extra foam behind the front of the door seal. Not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor