Weatherstrip fitment question / 1981 Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
It is all too common for aftermarket parts to not fit or work as well as OEM parts. I always had trouble with aftermarket seals on my Regal, GM seals fit right.

PraeT

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2015
Have you tried adjusting the window yet?
I bought Softseal for my Grand Am. Had a heck of a time getting the window to fit the seal.

No I haven't. I honestly don't know how so will hav to dig some. That's the next step. Thanks.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
PraeT,
Just went through this hassle with my 88 SS Monte Carlo, T-Top car none the less. The window looks like it needs to be adjusted up to meet the seals. The window stops on the Monte Carlo are circled in red and you need only remove the top door panel to access them. If I remember correct the Malibu/El Camino door has the same stops. The area circled in blue tips the top of the window in or out.
P1011969_LI.jpg P1011970_LI.jpg

Hope this helps!
Bob S.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor