Weeaaak Brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I have the 280H in my AMC 360, and it only gives me about 12 in/hg on a good day, when the voodoo priest sacrifices a chicken to the Holley carb god and it actually decided it wants to work right for an hour or two.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
so with my low vacuum would i be looking at manual brakes?

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
You can go with manual brakes. Or you could buy an electric vacume pump. Or you could go with one of those power brake systems like the diesels had. It runs off of the power steering pump. There is also an aftermarket company that makes these, but I'm not sure who.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
You could also get a vacuum canister from summit or jegs. Or just live with it. I only get about 9.5 in of vacuum at idle. :D

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
jrm81bu said:
You could also get a vacuum canister from summit or jegs. Or just live with it. I only get about 9.5 in of vacuum at idle. :D

haha, that's what i have been doing, but coming to a stop in traffic, i can slam the pedal and i only continue braking at a very slow rate.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
adumb said:
jrm81bu said:

haha, that's what i have been doing, but coming to a stop in traffic, i can slam the pedal and i only continue braking at a very slow rate.

I'm not sure if low vacuum is your only problem. I could completly do away with the vacuum line going to the booster and if i push hard enough i can still stop fine.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
yeah, this one is kinda baffling me. it probably is about time to do pads all around but i doubt that will even help me. i will look into the braided steel lines. where would i find those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor