Weekend fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
We got the outside pole for the feature run on the weekend. The weather was a bit warmer than we expected and we ended up running too rich but we still took 5th place...the driver was a little peeved for his scorched feet, that header right underneath him was cherry red with the unburnt gas..the Pontiac starting on pole was a bullet that nite and took 1st in the feature....

32446_424705240659_709045659_6029066_2901922_n.jpg

Congrats! A fifth-place feature finish is nothing to be ashamed of. Qualifying on the outside front row means you're obviously gettin' her dialed in. Keep it up!

Bill

Thanks....We had a good chance at 3rd place but the carb burped with the extra fuel during a restart with 5 laps to go. It's a 3 up then double wide restart so we should have been able to hold on 4th place car if we didn't have the over rich issue. We took third in our heat race

Sounds to me like you were way too rich, especially considering the glowing headers. All my experience is with methanol and injection, but we aim to be as lean as possible without getting the motor too hot. Here's what happens when the high-speed fuel bypass kicks in too hard, and leans the motor out at the top end. Notice the air under the right front wheel-we were in excess of 100 mph at the time.

Bill

Attachments

• 7-22 HEAT WIN_edited.jpg
    7-22 HEAT WIN_edited.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 529
First off I don't know how you guys even get into a sprint car, Our 16 yo skinny driver had problems getting into one at a show and I wasn't about to make a fool out myself. First Frday we have off I'm headign out to watch the sprint cars on dirt and I'm looking forward to it. You guys are awsome the way you throw those sprints around the track what all that power you have.

We run a 2 barrel holley and there's not much we can do with it so it's a fine line running rich or lean and it's not like a street car where you can take the plugs out to read them. Idle the car for a few seconds and with the fuel being dumped at idle it's bound read it's running rich. Our only way is on a dyno

What's your pit area like? Can you run some hot laps, shut the motor down clean at speed and coast into the your pit? If so, you can get a good read on your plugs. That's what we do, but being a headline division and having no transmissions, we have a pit area close to the track exit.

Bill

that's not a bad idea for the pit area, thanks. I am heading over to a speed shop to set up an evening of dyno work. We have another team so splitting the cost is nice. Plus the driver and owner of the other team is driving the 3 Nascar road courses for Earnhardt this year so he should have the newest tricks to share with us...

nascar canada series is running at our track this weekend and one of the guys who runs a superstock with us when he has time and not running for Earnhart or Nascar Canada had the back of his rig painted....it should be shock a few people following them down the road cause it looks like the cars are really hanging out...lol

29254_397023121667_759676667_4066275_6158456_n.jpg

we had a great weekend at the track...took 6th in the time trials and 4th in the race and the only damage to our car was a few tire marks and a little cosmetic damage up front from a couple of bump and runs.....

29446_431677830659_709045659_6232261_2425359_n.jpg

my friend who was running the Nascar Canada series took 2nd in the time trials and finished 2nd in the race after having to fight through the field twice to get back up to the front

31243_438936854256_506199256_5587365_6051609_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor