Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
being a little heavier is sort of an advantage. there not as squirrely as the fox body mustangs or other,lighter cars.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
bjwerele said:
well to go a lil off topic then, my buddy had a festiva that you could pick up with four guys, that would be light, and he wanted to concoct a turbo set up for it and waste the ricers in the area. alright well, then i guess ill be looking at 3500 weight, with fiberglas parts and some other goodies to save weight, my planned engine is a built 403 (in place of my 260), i may be wrong but i think it would just plain be easyier to deal with a "small block" olds rather than wrangling a big block, i know some of you have the big blocks, opinions, but im looking at having my engine builder to replicate a bigger name engine builder and make 550 hp and tq.

There is a solution.... It is called the Mazda B6T engine. It was found in the Australian built Mercury Capri XR2, Mazda 323 GTX and I believe some other car I can't recall right now. It bolts to the Festiva's transmission and the clutch fits as well. Unfortunately, it will not hold the power of that engine. Sport Compact Car did the swap a few years back and the car was just insane. Use "Fastiva" as a Google search term to see what one of these things looks like.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Don't forget the shogun Festiva too was a wide body car but had a sho taurus v6 shoved in the back of the car.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Being less squirley ie easier to keep straight and much easier to recover and get going straight again than the fox body Mustang has to do with wheelbase not weight.

Chris Borson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2007
my 85 442 loaded with moonroof and a 403 was 3680 lbs.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
that should be (hopefully) the gross vehicle weight rating which is the empty weight plus capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor