Weird vibration coming from rearend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
I have had this problem for a while, but just havent had time to ask. But every once in a while, when i hit the gas theres a vibration coming from the rearend around like 20-35 mph, no when I take off or am at higher speeds. Also whenever I put it into gear it makes a large tink noise. Especially from reverse to drive. Any ideas?

I have ruled out u-joints, they are find.

weird vibration

i would check out my trans mount,also you said you ruled out u-joint's. did you remove your drive shaft? that's the only way to properly check them out!!!! good luck 🙂

Re: weird vibration

JESSE said:
i would check out my trans mount,also you said you ruled out u-joint's. did you remove your drive shaft? that's the only way to properly check them out!!!! good luck 🙂

Yeah. I pulled it out and had my uncle look at it, he said they were fine. But now that you mention the trans mount, when my uncle was crawling around under there, he said that it was going bad.

well its not hard to change a trans mount get under there and spend a little time changing it then take it for a spin and see if that solved your problem, its not an expensive part i dont think

85Supreme403 said:
well its not hard to change a trans mount get under there and spend a little time changing it then take it for a spin and see if that solved your problem, its not an expensive part i dont think

I think the trans mounts run around $10 give or a take a few. My last Silverado had a similiar vibration issue. It turned out to be the pinion bearing the rear end. Hopefully that is not your issue, it was kind of expensive, since I farmed the work out. Try the transmount first. That is easy to replace yourself.

If you are one of the Tampa FL members, I have a 2.41 axle that works that you can have for free if you get it out of my yard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor