Well I done the Best change to my Olds 461 yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdaddy198

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2014
Well I have been wanting to do it most of the summer and I finally converted my 461" BB olds to E85 and what a different car to race now. Before I ever even got a chance to start jetting it in the car was making back to back 11.00 passes at 175* without the fan on kick the fan on and by the time I hit the pits I am at 165*. I bought a QFT 1050 on a 4150 frame and got a drum of Renegade Race Fuels E85R its about the best version of e85 I have found its a bit more than pump E85 but so consistant and easy to run fuel. After a couple weekends of test n tune and race in between I have got this 3800lb beast running steady 10.80's @ 124 mph and the really cool part is I can make the 1st pass without my fan then hotlap it for a second pass and still hit the pits at 185* its a great thing. I like the QFT carb but I am going to get my 1050 Dominator converted and really get her done. I also Discovered that my car has a trans brake solinoid that was never hooked up but in a effort not to confuse the rest of this season as its almost over I will hook it up over the winter. Also I am going to 4 link the rear end completely gut the car and get rid of everything a drag car does not need. I am also going with a set of tubular A arms and coil overs up front too. I also plan on cutting the front frame just in front of the A arms and 2x3" the front of the frame and reconstruct a core support out of aluminum and fake the headlites and attach fenders to aluminum struts to lighten all of it. Yes next season Will be alot of FUN!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 877

Bigdaddy198

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2014
Right now the car is a full bodied 1980 Cutlass Calais with a 461" BBO built by Rocket Racing has a Turbo 400 full manual valve body, and the rear end is a 12 bolt full spool Mosier 4.11 gears 33 spline Mosier axles southside uppers and lowers dual drag bags @ 20 lbs has anti Roll set up and is currently on 29.5/10.5/15 MT ET Drags the car has no problem hooking up leaves with the front tires about 10" off the ground and it runs 10.70's in the 1/4 mile and I ran 6.80's in the 1/8th mile last weekend. Still has power windows rear seat 6 pt bar full dash all wiring intact but has been a Drag car for the last 20 yrs its a runner I plan on having my Dominator converted to e85 and getting rid of the quick fuel carb it ran 10.60's on 110 with the Dominator but I am still getting my tune up done I just went to NGK heat range 6 plugs and its steady running faster. I am only at 30* advanced on my timing so I still got some wiggle room. I plan on gutting the car over the winter and losing any weight thats not needed. Also going with tubular AArms and coilovers up front. Its a fun car I have put around 130 passes on it and really Zero problems to speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor