What did you do at work today?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
14 Tours??? WTF?. That would work out to one a year for a time frame between 1959, when, I think, the first "advisors" starting being sent over to observe what was going on, and 1973, plus or minus a year or two one way or the other. Even in my fuzziest calculations your S***H***d trucker mook's allegaton won't work. To the best of my knowledge, no one did a tour over there. came home, and then immediately boarded the next plane to go back there. Not saying it never happened but the circumstances necessary for that to occur would be the kind of weirdness that got done by folks from the other side of the fence. Rotation, rotation, rotation. you did a tour, you came home, did stuff stateside, and then the Powers That Be decided whether or not to put you on a list for consideration for a second tour, and so on.

The only flaw I can see in sending the matter to the union is if they decide to send him for "Sensitivity Training". If they do that then the whole business stays internal and management doesn't get a sniff at it. This mutt has to be a total screwup with a history jacket as thick as the bible before the union, any union, will show him the door and tell management he is fair game.

PA, I wish you luck with this. my spidey sense says this guy may not look in the mirror much just to avoid seeing who is responsible for what is wrong with his life.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
14 Tours??? WTF?. That would work out to one a year for a time frame between 1959, when, I think, the first "advisors" starting being sent over to observe what was going on, and 1973, plus or minus a year or two one way or the other. Even in my fuzziest calculations your S***H***d trucker mook's allegaton won't work. To the best of my knowledge, no one did a tour over there. came home, and then immediately boarded the next plane to go back there. Not saying it never happened but the circumstances necessary for that to occur would be the kind of weirdness that got done by folks from the other side of the fence. Rotation, rotation, rotation. you did a tour, you came home, did stuff stateside, and then the Powers That Be decided whether or not to put you on a list for consideration for a second tour, and so on.

The only flaw I can see in sending the matter to the union is if they decide to send him for "Sensitivity Training". If they do that then the whole business stays internal and management doesn't get a sniff at it. This mutt has to be a total screwup with a history jacket as thick as the bible before the union, any union, will show him the door and tell management he is fair game.

PA, I wish you luck with this. my spidey sense says this guy may not look in the mirror much just to avoid seeing who is responsible for what is wrong with his life.

Nick
He has no knowlage of Vietnam & he's 63. US forces were involve '60 to '73 with major combat operations starting '65. I knew one person who did do 5 tours but they were scatterd among the '65 to '73 window with 3 as an advisor. I did talk with my forman & on today's payroll notes he added the notes on him being the aggressor starting a few days before. There is no one who likes or cares for him there. Word also has gotten around to the other crews which adds to everyones desire for him to take a final walk into his last sunset.

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I have a coworker that seems to think he's the smartest man alive. Yet he's been there less time than I have, and I have to follow around behind him and clean up his shoddy work. It's getting very old and he doesn't understand why I have an attitude and don't want to talk to him.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Although my COTB job is interesting and comes with a lot to learn and do, my goat job was at a local bearing supply dealer. Good job, good staff and management, decent hours. Ended when a major corporate customer had to deal with a strike. The account accounted for as much as 40 percent of our gross income for the branch. Soon after the strike ended, the market for their production lines crashed and that finished me off. Laid off with no definite time to return................................never did, they closed.

Nick

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Did our summer bid & was able to get the crew I wanted. Super Trucker was on it but management & union agreed to pull his bid & placed him where they wanted to. It also looks like he's into some bad ju ju beside his veteran bashing.

Misfitmike63

Apprentice
Apr 11, 2023
Made sure a roof didn’t catch on fire. There was another firefighter below where there were a few welders

Attachments

• C457FA3C-B31D-41D7-BA74-0E6723303DE6.jpeg
    C457FA3C-B31D-41D7-BA74-0E6723303DE6.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 6

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
At my last job, I spent 2 days prepping and painting the grille from a 65 442. It was chromed and almost all of it had to be painted hot rod black and matte silver. My wife thinks I’m nuts for enjoying that job, but it was satisfying.
i agree it is satisfying.I shouldn't b*tch about that gasser tri stage it's a cool ride,the end result is worth it

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
sat on my *ss browsing the internet (like I'm doing right now), went outside and greased the hubs on my new-to-me used trailer,

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor