MALIBU What do you suppose it will bring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Might have a friend going to this auction, he tipped me off about this wagon. I'd be interested if it was a private sale...auctions tend to bring out the crazies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Might have a friend going to this auction, he tipped me off about this wagon. I'd be interested if it was a private sale...auctions tend to bring out the crazies.

I don't know enough about Midwest local market conditions, but I could see it going 10-15k

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I don't know enough about Midwest local market conditions, but I could see it going 10-15k
That’s what I’d be willing to give, but the market is looney toons presently, if the right people are interested, then $20k is not out of the question.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
They almost reeled me in being interested, until I saw that stupid scoop on top of a scoop. Thought I was at Baskin-Robbins. I surely hope they didn't cut a hole in the hood for Scoop #2. The rest of the car is do-able. Rust-hole free and pretty straight it seems. Which is a huge plus.

random_farmhick

Apprentice
Dec 13, 2020
They almost reeled me in being interested, until I saw that stupid scoop on top of a scoop. Thought I was at Baskin-Robbins. I surely hope they didn't cut a hole in the hood for Scoop #2. The rest of the car is do-able. Rust-hole free and pretty straight it seems. Which is a huge plus.
Well the good thing is, the hood isn't painted the same color as the rest of the car, so you could get another cowl hood(or it looks like a factory hood would fit) and paint it black just like that one and you won't have the double scoop. You can see in the one picture, it looks like they did cut the hole in the hood for the second scoop though...

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Scoops are like stickers... more scoop, MOAR POWAR!!!! ( or is it more scoops, Mopar! - those guys confuse me too)

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Looks like It bid to $6500. As clean as the interior is that was probably a bargain but obviously didn’t sell for that. No telling what the reserve was. Other parts of the country I think bring more money for G bodies than this area does

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Now it says sold at $7750 on the Proxibid link

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor