What do you think about these wheels....

Status
Not open for further replies.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
I think they look decent on that car, makes me feel like I should have saved the stockers for my car so I could have experimented a little with them

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
I'd do a red pinstripe around the circumference of the rim (like the factory Hurst Olds chrome rims). This would break up the black just enough.

Also, the black wheels make the '84 look more "inverted" against the '83 since the stock wheels were Chrome and silver with the red pinstripe.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Looks better than the chrome stock SSIII's, add the red pinstripe and your golden.
I'd nab that car if I had the money, it's cheaper to buy something nice than to spend the cash and do it yourself, but I already have all the parts for my 84, just needs body work. Not gonna flake out and part it like some...

87BlackSheep

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2010
Fort Knox, KY
Hell yeah, that's a great stock car look. And ya, a red pinstripe would pull it all together. Thats the same paint scheme I'm gonna do to my Irocs.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I'm not feeling those wheels on a Hurst. IMO, if you go with black wheels, you have to go stealth with the whole car. But you know what they say about opinions :wink:

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Normally I don't mind black rims but this I'm just not liking too much. They're not bad but I find myself trying not to look at them and think someone just lost their hubcaps off a stock steel wheel.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
It's hard to really look at the rims for too long because the silver paint just keeps drawing my eyes to it. Then out of the corner of my eye I catch a little chrome and white down there in the black, but before I know it, my eyes are drawn back to the silver paint. In short, it's messing with my mind. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor