CUTLASS What does this vacuum line serve and where does it need to connect to?

87CutlassSupremeBrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2024
CutlassVacuum.jpeg

where does it start? can't tell since there are afew vac lines back there. Could be vac for the cruise control unit that isnt shown in your picture.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Cruise Control Brake Release Switch.

It usually comes through firewall under the brake booster in a round grommet.

It's what let's the vacuum for the servo exhaust in order to release the servo when you hit the brakes. It looks like it goes around and under the booster in that split poly loom conduit?

Cruise Control Brake Release Switch.

It usually comes through firewall under the brake booster in a round grommet.

It's what let's the vacuum for the servo exhaust in order to release the servo when you hit the brakes. It looks like it goes around and under the booster in that split poly loom conduit?

Yeah thats it. So I deleted the cruise control so I can just cut that back? In that case what do I just plug the vacuum port on the intake thats between the carb and distributor or does that need to go somewhere else?

Yeah thats it. So I deleted the cruise control so I can just cut that back? In that case what do I just plug the vacuum port on the intake thats between the carb and distributor or does that need to go somewhere else?
You can just pull the hose and/or switch off the brake pedal under the dash and pull the loom back through and seal up the hole on the firewall. I think the grommet is taped to the harness so you might need to just cut the tape, and you can re-install the grommet to the hole, and use it for other wiring needs, or just seal it up with some black silicone, or sealing caulk. That hose doesn't feed any vacuum to anything, it just provides the exit path so any vacuum that's holding the servo engaged will mechanically exhaust, and release the servo. The switch on the brake pedal is more like a valve, then an electrical switch.

1722991744283.png

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor