What Halogen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
I need to know: what kind of horror story happens by not having a cutoff line?
1449FF56-4CD6-41CB-83BC-0A1CCE45FFA5.gif

^Thats all you’ll get from the lights if there’s no cutoff in the projector. Or the projector is designed rather poorly, cutoff or not it won’t mean squat if the bulb isn’t in focus with the lense or the cutoff isn’t in the right position.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
View attachment 158383
^Thats all you’ll get from the lights if there’s no cutoff in the projector. Or the projector is designed rather poorly, cutoff or not it won’t mean squat if the bulb isn’t in focus with the lense or the cutoff isn’t in the right position.
Yep, they all look like that to me. Cutoff schmuttoff

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Yep, they all look like that to me. Cutoff schmuttoff
Are they usually trucks? Douchebags usually throw LEDs or HIDs in the stock headlights.
A good projector looks like this:
2DE8FA2A-3CA2-4F63-90CE-994FCDA86B9B.jpeg

And a bad one can look like this, or worse:
13A186F3-2F02-4628-893D-C85A1297A2CA.jpeg

Anything under that line is full intensity, so if the lights are misadjusted, or the oncoming vehicle is above you or on a hill, it’ll look like high beams.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I have NEVER, repeat NEVER had a set of LED headlights coming my way and thought "Man, those are perfectly designed LED headlights." It is ALWAYS "SUMBICH! THEM DAMN THINGS ARE BRIGHT AF!!!! Look away! Look away!"

cutoff schmuttoff

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
To each their own.
If those lights are the difference between me seeing a deer at 200 feet versus 75 feet, I’m taking those lights. Those style of lights also don’t really require the use of fog lights and are fantastic in a snowstorm.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
To each their own.
If those lights are the difference between me seeing a deer at 200 feet versus 75 feet, I’m taking those lights. Those style of lights also don’t really require the use of fog lights and are fantastic in a snowstorm.
That's driving. I thought you were talking about them coming at you. :unsure: Still, I'll take my E-code Hellas over my wife's Toyota projectors any day. I live in the woods, and I need to see the deer coming down the hill or where the trees are/aren't. I want the BIIIIIG picture.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
That's driving. I thought you were talking about them coming at you. :unsure: Still, I'll take my E-code Hellas over my wife's Toyota projectors any day. I live in the woods, and I need to see the deer coming down the hill or where the trees are/aren't.
I was talking a little bit of both if I’m honest 😅

They’re a great style of light when they’re set up properly, the issues come in when owners mess with the lights, and I quote, “So I don’t have to use my high beams as often!”. Then the pricks adjust them up so they’re like high beams all the time. It drives me batty.
These things aren’t made to be messed with by owners who don’t know what they’re doing with them.

It still sucks when they crest a hill though. Then there’s auto high/low beams.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I need to know: what kind of horror story happens by not having a cutoff line?

I know of one person who had his car towed and impounded twice for no cut off line, he was charged with altering a headlight. He had a 96 Bonneville and stuck in cheap HID so it's like he had his brights on.

• Haha

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I know of one person who had his car towed and impounded twice for no cut off line, he was charged with altering a headlight. He had a 96 Bonneville and stuck in cheap HID so it's like he had his brights on.
How do you get away with your e-codes?
I do agree that the cutoff is imperative in less than ideal conditions. The FET round fogs on the 67 have a sick cut line and 135⁰ spread- work well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor