What have you hauled in your wagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
Besides the Usual Groceries? Ive used mine like it was intended, Ive hauled car parts, fenders, doors,engine blocks, heads, transmissions, my hood, seats, , Ive also hauled furniture, Lumber and other construction materials for the house, Heres a pic with about 20 bags of mulch for the yard, i run air bags in my springs, when im gonna load something heavy i just air them up! Love My Wagon!
photo 1 (4).JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
40 cases of Stegmaier Porter beer from Wilkes-barre to NYC. Many times.
beer-stegmaier-porter.png

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've hauled 5-doors, a tailgate, a pair of fenders, rear hatch glass, etc....that was one trip.
My 350 short block, heads. a few rearends. VW-Porsche factory tools for a friend, which filled up the whole back of the wagon, and probably weighed 800 lbs. or so....thank goodness for cargo coils.
Oh, and I've hauled lumber...a bunch of 2x6's, 4x8 sheets of plywood...etc.etc.
A car load of guys headed up to the vintage races in Limerock..

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
limited to only wagons ?? I had a beater 4 door 'bu x-cab that passed thru many hands as a winter beater. None of us had a pickup so we would treat the Bu like a truck and take the trunk lid off to serve as a pickup bed when we needed. 1 SBC shortblock and 1 fully dressed slant 6 fit nice and cozy in there LOL. My friend also used it to move his tool chest ( top in the back seat with the seats removed and the base in the trunk ). Stupid kids !

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
limited to only wagons ?? I had a beater 4 door 'bu x-cab that passed thru many hands as a winter beater. None of us had a pickup so we would treat the Bu like a truck and take the trunk lid off to serve as a pickup bed when we needed. 1 SBC shortblock and 1 fully dressed slant 6 fit nice and cozy in there LOL. My friend also used it to move his tool chest ( top in the back seat with the seats removed and the base in the trunk ). Stupid kids !
It's funny that you mention using a 4-dr less trunk lid as a hauler. There's one cruising around town here. It's actually a 4-dr Malibu with what appears to be a shortened El Camino bed grafted on.
One of these days I'll stop and confront the guy. Oddly enough, it looks like it was nicely done. When I first saw it, I did a double take...not believing what I was seeing.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Hauled a 350 olds in the trunk of my not wagon. Used an 1/8 of a tank on the way there and a 1/4 on the way back lol

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
I remember one time long ago, after dropping my daughter off at a friends house, I nailed the gas a little bit leaving a stop sign or something, But I forgot I had the dog in the back part!! poor girl, a 85 pound yellow lab went-a-flyin against the tailgate!! she was ok but i think her claw marks are still there from her trying to grab on!! Haha

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor