What is the Most Boring Car You Can Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
The iron duke never came in the camaro the 2.8 v6 was the smallest camaro engine and btw the camaro is a pony car not muscle.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
No, it was available in the earliest of the 3rd gen cars. I believe 1982-86 were the exact years. It was the base engine in the base Camaro Sport Coupe, and either had a progressive 2 bbl carb or TBI fuel injection. The RPO Code was LQ8 or LQ9-depending on if it was a US car or a export model. I have seen several of them with my own eyes and can attest to their existence. Here's a link: http://www.camaro3rdgen.20m.com/1984.html Don't make me post a pic!

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
I've seen a 2.5L L4 in a Camaro in a junk yard. I even found a Price is Right (circa 1983) episode where they gave away 2 Firebirds....both with 2.5L L4.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
as a vw owner i don't know how i didn't think of it but, every non diesel vw except the new beetle, that's not a boring car it's a piece of sh*t!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
megaladon6 said:
as a vw owner i don't know how i didn't think of it but, every non diesel vw except the new beetle, that's not a boring car it's a piece of sh*t!

I'll say that I find the newer VW's the cars that cause me some of the most mixed emotions. I mean, I actually like the 2000-06 Jettas and Golfs for their styling and interiors, sportiness and cool looking gauge lighting. Unfortunately, they have a reputation for reliability worse than that of a 6 year old Hyundai Accent. That, and from what I have read VW is a horrible company to deal with and try to get warranty coverage from. The TDI cars seem like great pieces of engine technology, but the rest of the car that is built around them is so poorly built as to detract from the engine.

TylerW

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2008
78mali350 said:
my daily driver. 2004 taurus. slower than cold poop. it makes me drive slower it's so bad

Rise from your grave old thread, lol.

I had a 2004 Taurus, and mine was not so boring for the simple reason that it had the 203hp Duratech.6000 rpm shifts and it would outrun 3.8 Camaros pretty easy.

BTW< I saw a pic of your Taurus in another thread and yours is an early '04 because it has the older 00-03 wheels that they used on the first '04s to use them up before going to the restyled wheel.

Ha, I'm sure no-one cares about this but we run Taurus' at work so I got familiar with them.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
TylerW said:
78mali350 said:
my daily driver. 2004 taurus. slower than cold poop. it makes me drive slower it's so bad

Rise from your grave old thread, lol.

I had a 2004 Taurus, and mine was not so boring for the simple reason that it had the 203hp Duratech.6000 rpm shifts and it would outrun 3.8 Camaros pretty easy.

BTW< I saw a pic of your Taurus in another thread and yours is an early '04 because it has the older 00-03 wheels that they used on the first '04s to use them up before going to the restyled wheel.

Ha, I'm sure no-one cares about this but we run Taurus' at work so I got familiar with them.

yeah well my taurus had the pooptastic 160 hp motor in it. and now i got rid of it hahaha i got really bored really fast, on to a truck now

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I once towed a Taurus 30 miles with my 4 cylinder Nissan truck. It belonged to a girl who was my roommate (roommate, not girlfriend) at the time and man was it a POS! She'd hit so many things with it that it's plastic bumper had long since almost ceased to exist. It was one of the early ones, like a 1987 or so.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
taurus = sh*t

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor