What is the most influential machine of the industrial age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saganhill1980

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2009
Re: What is the most influential machine of the industrial a

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
This is purely subjective, but basically I am talking about the iconic machines here, not their generic copies. Basically, these would be machines that changed the world or reshaped it in a dramatic way. This is not limited to any one kind of machine either, and I am wondering what everyone thinks. Anyhow, my list includes the following items:]quote

If you go back far enough, the clocksmiths and their clocks are the people who started the industrial revolution. Without their tools all other inventions would have been non-existant. They are the ones who made machine tools for weapons and marine navigation. Some of the first longarm mechinisms had windup clock parts to make sparks to set off the black powder.

Everything else came after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor